Holy Guardian Angels Mission History
Holy Guardian Angels established as a parish in 1963, began in 1953 as Sacred Heart Mission of our Lady of Prompt Succor Church during the pastorate of Monsignor Albert Koenig.
In 1967 Reverend Joseph Anthony Luminais was assigned its first Pastor. Great potentials were realized in its short history. 1987 saw Angel Square complete with a new Spanish Mission Architecture style Church on the historical Old Spanish Trail, a Rectory, an Educational Activities Building, a Youth Center, an outdoor Rosary Walk and Gumbo Festival Park.
Much more valuable than buildings are the organizations: Men’s Club, Women’s Club, Golden Guardians Senior Group, Catholic Youth Organization, Children of Mary Sodality, Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist, Readers of the Word, Ministers of Hospitality, Polyphonic Choir and Altar Servers.
Evangelization and further growth is assured as we continue in the Third Millennium.
In 2008 Holy Guardians Parish returned to mission status.